If you are looking for an ophthalmologist for eye surgery in Alexandria, VA, visit the clinic of Sina J. Sabet MD, PC. Our dedicated eye care team is here for all of your ophthalmology needs. Following an eye exam, Dr. Sabet will identify any eye care procedures you need performed.
Reasons for Eye Surgery
There are many different eye diseases and disorders in ophthalmology that may require you to get eye surgery. Some reasons you may need eye surgery include:
- Cataracts – A cloud that develops on the top of your eyes' lenses, which can lead to blindness when it grows and creeps over more of your eye.
- Glaucoma – Damage to the optic nerve, which may cause eye pain, blurry vision, and chronic headaches.
- Vision Problems – Eye issues such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism sometimes need to be addressed through surgery.
- Pterygium – A noncancerous growth, which covers the white part of your eye and may even extend to the cornea.
- Chalazion – A small lump or swelling on the eyelid that is typically caused by a blocked gland.
At Sina J Sabet MD PC, we perform the following eye surgery procedures:
- Cataract Surgery – Your natural lenses that are having clouding issues will be removed and replaced with synthetic lenses. Depending on your situation, we may replace both lenses at the same time.
- LASIK Eye Surgery – If you are tired of correcting your vision through contacts or eyeglasses, consider corrective eye surgery. LASIK should only be performed if you are at a point when your eyes have either stopped changing or only change slightly over time. Because of this, LASIK is not recommended for people under the age of 18.
- Other Eye Surgery – Additional eye surgery procedures include Glaucoma Laser Procedures, Pterygium, Blepharoplasty, Diabetic Retinopathy (Argon), Chalazion, YAG Capsulotomy, and Fluorescein Angiography.
What to Expect
Before performing eye surgery, our eye care team will need to complete an eye exam so we can be sure of what the problem is. It is also important to complete an eye exam to ensure that you are healthy enough to recover from eye surgery.