One of the most common eye-related conditions that aging individuals face is cataracts. While it is a common issue, cataracts can be the cause of vision loss, and they usually require surgery for treatment. Sina J Sabet MD PC is your eye surgeon in Alexandria that can help when you have cataracts. If you notice any of the following warning signs, make an appointment with us right away.
The Symptoms of Cataracts
As your eye lenses age, cataracts can form when proteins clump together. Routine eye exams can spot a potential issue early so that treatment can begin to preserve your vision. Cataracts have the following symptoms:
- Cloudy vision: If you have blurry vision, this is often one of the most recognizable signs of cataracts.
- Double vision: You may experience double vision even while using eyeglasses or contact lenses for correction.
- Difficulty driving at night: Cataracts affect the way that light enters the eye, so you may experience increased light sensitivity, which can pose a challenge while driving with bright lights at night.
- Halos around lights: A ringlike appearance around lights can be a sign that you have cataracts.
- Frequent changes in your eyeglasses prescription.
It is imperative not to wait if you have any of the symptoms listed above. Early detection makes treatment much easier, and you will not have to struggle to complete your daily tasks.
Our Ophthalmologist in Alexandria Can Help
If you are concerned that cataracts may be robbing you of the clear vision that you once had, make an appointment for an eye exam with Sina J Sabet MD PC. Our eye care specialist is properly trained to recognize cataracts and intervene with eye surgery if needed. The process involves taking your current lenses out and replacing them with synthetic ones so you can see clearly again. If you have any questions regarding the process or would like to make an appointment, call us today at (703) 370-9411.